Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Happy Birthday!



How's it going over there in where ever yall are? Everything is going pretty good over here in the Philippines, except for the fact that I've been informed that my family email for the last time didn't get to yall, sorry about that. Hopefully it gets to all of you this time.

So this last week has been a pretty normal one in the mission feild, except for the fact that I turned 21!!!! Ya I am now officially a lalaki! (which means male or man in Tagalog). I guess I should explain that one. So anyway the tradition here is when a boy turns 21 he is officailly a man; it's only 18 for girls. So anyway, it's happened, and now I'm a lalaki.

This last Tuesday, I was able to go to Angeles for a meeting. It was with a bunch of other elders and the Mission President. It was really fun, the best part being the food and hot shower, but the meeting it self was pretty interesting. We just talked about the mission, and how it's going, and stuff like that. At one point during the meeting, we brought up the fact that we don't really have a pday any more. I and some other elders that are kinda old in the mission are the only ones that remember a pday with out any meetings, so we talked about how we miss that and hoped it would come back. I don't know if anything will happen, if they'll bring back pday or not, but hopefully they will.

We came home to Sta. Ignacia on Wed. We were able to meet the new couple missionary after the meeting. They took us to lunch. They are really nice, and we had a good time. Elder Roberts is one of the missionary couple. He's a really tall guy, just look at the picture I'm sending yall. Elder Galvez,my comp., is only up to his stomach, kinda made me laugh. The rest of the week was really normal. We worked and taught some lessons and stuff like that. We did have some really good lessons though. One of them, a recent convert, asked us why Nephi killed Laban; at least he's reading the BofM. We also meet a lady this week, taught her a lesson, and then she went to church, so that was pretty cool.

This last saturday was also my birthday. We found out that a little girl in the ward was also having a birthday, so we decieded to combine our birthdays. We had their dad buy some pizza on his way home from work, and then had a party. It was pretty fun.
Sunday was another day of church. Went to church, it rained really hard, so the attendance went down a little bit, and that's about all that has happened this last week. Well, I guess that's about all that's happened, just wanted to let you all know that I love yall. Take care and stay strong in the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment